Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All construction employers do it. Well not gonna say all. But I've worked alot of jobs where they hav. I am done with this conversation. Thanks again for your knowledge. Hav a good one.

Comment

We're done also but we are still saying it is illegal.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

And sooner or later there's going to be a construction company that figures out that by "laying off" any one who wants to sit around at home collecting unemployment instead of working, they are paying a higher unemployment rate than they would otherwise, even apart from the fact that they are committing fraud by claiming there's no work when there is. I truly hope that our poster here is the one asking for illegal benefits when that happens.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

OP, your best bet is not to do anything illegal (an employer shouldn't either) - you never know when it might backfire on you.
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

I concur with Betty & cbg. THE best way to keep your job in such a situation is don't lie cheat or steal and do not tolerate those that do the same. Thieves & liars have no honor, and if you associate with folks like that, will they cover your living expenses after you lose a job for associating with them?

IMO.
            I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
            Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
            I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
            Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

Comment

Issues of seasonal workers and reduction of workforce can get very state specific and in some states like PA it may be OK to volunteer to,take a. hit in a general RIF and still preserve ones options under UC...but I simply do not know if one can volunteer for a RIF in OH ...and your next employer may or may not qualify as seasonal as defined in OH

The tone of your post suggests abusive use of the UC system...the view that a lot of people and firms do it does not make it good or smart .

If you get immediately employed by another ...and due to extreme cold weather or business turndown there is a layoff...that's a horse with a different smell......

Comment

Working...
              X