This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EDD denied UI 6wks after now wants repayment, appealing soon need advice

First thank you for taking the time to review, my apologies should this not be in the correct forum.
    Had 7 yrs with excellent reviews/praise for being a by the book, fair yet firm supv. Our drivers are union, had several grievances made when I terminated drvs for various reasons all were dropped. Took vacation in Nov during which I was called personally by a few drvs that said there were 7+ anonymous complaints made against me. On Sunday b4 my return I was called by HR to stay home so they could investigate. Tues I was called in & released, I felt I was sacrificed to quiet the already tense union relationship. HR advised they would not deny UI, there was no documentation, facts info etc on any "complaints" just a terminating relationship they purposely kept it vague I believe to avoid issues on either side (myself/union) and told me I was being listed as eligible for rehire. I initially did receive UI benefits however after a phone interview 6 wks later EDD stated they were denying further payments. Thankfully I had become employed that week however EDD is asking for $$ paid returned I need help pls. Shortly after the separation I went online to the potential employers access to history of former employees and my status was rehireable and great record. I would appreciate anything on how to appeal and win as well as what I can request from prior employer to support (I fear they will not want to put anything in writing to CYA on letting me go) although the EDD said its up to them and not frm employer. Thank you all

Das ist in der Doktor!

Originally posted by Cincezh View Post
    First thank you for taking the time to review, my apologies should this not be in the correct forum.
    Had 7 yrs with excellent reviews/praise for being a by the book, fair yet firm supv. Our drivers are union, had several grievances made when I terminated drvs for various reasons all were dropped. Took vacation in Nov during which I was called personally by a few drvs that said there were 7+ anonymous complaints made against me. On Sunday b4 my return I was called by HR to stay home so they could investigate. Tues I was called in & released, I felt I was sacrificed to quiet the already tense union relationship. HR advised they would not deny UI, there was no documentation, facts info etc on any "complaints" just a terminating relationship they purposely kept it vague I believe to avoid issues on either side (myself/union) and told me I was being listed as eligible for rehire. I initially did receive UI benefits however after a phone interview 6 wks later EDD stated they were denying further payments. Thankfully I had become employed that week however EDD is asking for $$ paid returned I need help pls. Shortly after the separation I went online to the potential employers access to history of former employees and my status was rehireable and great record. I would appreciate anything on how to appeal and win as well as what I can request from prior employer to support (I fear they will not want to put anything in writing to CYA on letting me go) although the EDD said its up to them and not frm employer. Thank you all
    There are no tips or "trade secrets" to getting UI or winning an appeal.
    All you can do is answer any and all questions truthfully and stick to the point, don't shoot yourself in the foot by running off at the mouth, nothing more, nothing less.
    You were told correctly the EDD makes the final decision, not the employer.
    Good Luck.

.._________________
    ~ Free advice is like your public defender,
    …you get what you pay for. ~ drr

Comment

Thank you, good advice.

Comment

What did EDD ask you in the phone interview?

Comment

File the appeal. In your hearing packet will be the notes from the intial EDD interview. That will give you a clue as to whether the employer said something or if it was what you said that caused the denial. Then you'll be able to better prepare for the hearing.

Comment

Working...
          X