This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rescind resignation Arkansas California California

california, employee resigns via email for personal reasons. next day she wants to rescind. she states that she resigned because of a divorce and her husband stated he was moving back into the house. husband has been violent and she felt she needed to move away. she's seeking a restraining order to prevent him from coming near the home. is there anything the company is obligated to do?

You're not obligated to allow her to rescind her resignation but based on the circumstances, allowing her to do so appears to be the right thing to do. Women (and men) who are victims of domestic violence often need their employers to be understanding and supportive while they are trying to maintain their personal safety and work out a plan to resolve the situation.
    Last edited by Beth3; 03-30-2012, 11:04 AM.

Comment

It's the employer's decision whether to allow her to rescind the resignation or not. Due to the reason for resigning, I (myself) would probably allow her to rescind the resignation.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Thank you for the responses. I am her direct manager and I wanted to allow her to rescind. I met with the director and he agreed. I was glad to see her come back. Thanks again.

Comment

You're welcome. I'm glad you let her come back.
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
          X