This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State Unemployment Question Maryland

We recently termed an employee for failing a random drug test. When I received the Separation of Employment form from the State Unemployment office I checked drug related on the form, for reason for termination. I was just contacted by the State Unemployment Office and asked for specifics; I just told them it was a failure of a random drug test. Dumb question - but this information is okay to report to the State Unemployment office correct? No breach of confidentiality? The state needs the info to make a decision....a

Absolutely ok to inform the State.

You have no obligation under any laws to keep the reason for someone's termination confidential. I wouldn't advise this but you could put the reason on a billboard on a public highway if you wished to.

Comment

Definitely agree with Beth.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

I'm in MD and can state with certainty you are in the clear. We have done the same. You have an excellent chance of prevailing.

http://www.dllr.state.md.us/appeals/...61-bh-91.shtml
        I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Working...
        X