This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full-time position being changed to part-time position New Hampshire

My full-time position is being changed to a part time position. I lose my health insurance and my retirement and other 'perks'. The interesting part is that the hours of the business are 8 to 4:30 and when my position begins in July 1 at part-time, my hours will be 10 to 4:30 for 4 days =24 hour work week but it won't allow me to pick up a part-time job anywhere else. Is there something that I can do legally to change my hours or am I just stuck?

You're just stuck. Unless you have a legally binding and enforceable contract that guarantees you specific hours, you work the hours the employer sets you to work. There isn't a law out there that is going to force him to change them.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

You can look for a full time job else where. Just do not quit the current job until you have the next job.
      "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
      Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Those hours make it tough to find a second job but not impossible. You could find something at night.

Comment

You don't dictate your work schedule, your employer does.

The first week you start the part-time schedule, I suggest you apply for unemployment benefits (you may be eligible for a partial weekly payment) and start looking for a new full-time job.

Comment

Why is your position being changed from full time to part time?

Comment

Working...
            X