Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Law that says that american company is responsible for its actions on othercountries?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Law that says that american company is responsible for its actions on othercountries?

Hello
    I was recruited by this multinational company in Mexico with lies and withholding of information.
    I confronted them about it, and they wrongfully terminated me.
    I decided to take legal actions towards the company, and I will in Mexico, but I also heard there's a law that holds the corporate office in USA responsible or liable for the actions of that same company in México.
    Does anyone know about this? or maybe know how I can find out?

Thank you very much

What do you feel was "wrongful" about your termination? What the great majority of people think is a wrongful termination under the law, is not.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pattymd View Post
      What do you feel was "wrongful" about your termination? What the great majority of people think is a wrongful termination under the law, is not.
      Hello
      I've already seeked counsel from an attorney who's specialty is labor law and it is.
      They changed my working conditions( place where i work) and they didnt pay me my last salary
      Thanx

Comment

If you are already working with an attorney then that is where you should be seeking your answers. He knows far more about your situation than we do and it would be irresponsible of us to second guess him.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Originally posted by cbg View Post
          If you are already working with an attorney then that is where you should be seeking your answers. He knows far more about your situation than we do and it would be irresponsible of us to second guess him.
          Yes, but he asked me to find that law, he called it smith barnes law, and it's supposed to say something about it

Comment

A lawyer that makes his client "look up this law" is not doing his job.
            I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

That's what you're paying your lawyer for. That's his job.
              Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=smith+barnes+law
                The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

I'm going to have to remember that site.
                  I am not able to respond to private messages. Thanks!

Comment

OMG, that is so freaking great!
                    I need to know how to use that with people! I'll try to figure it out on my own, but if I turn out to be a dummy, can I pm you about how to do it?

Okay, no problem just tried it. It's dummy-proof.

LOVE. IT.
                    Last edited by TSCompliance; 02-22-2011, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Did you notice how no useful results come up? I've already tried it and nothing comes up?

Comment

Maybe Google "I need to find a better lawyer"

Comment

I have no information beyond this. I'm not withholding it from you; I've given you every shred of information I have on the law you say exists. If what I gave you is no good, I'm sorry but I have nothing more.

It is up to your attorney, not unpaid volunteers on a message board, to provide this information.

Comment

I've used that site before - neat isn't it!
                            Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
                            X