This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suspended can I file for unemployment? Minnesota

I came in to work tonight and they said I cant work til I talk to my boss tuesday. My wife called and was told I no longer work there. It looks like I am suspended. Question is do I have to wait til tuesday to file unemployment or can I do it tommorrow. I am not going to wait on unemployment anyway as I probably wont get it and probably cant afford to live on it anyway. Is there anything holding me back. I am thinking of talking to one of those free lawyers tomorrow.

Ugg, it looks like I answered my own question by reading. One week. Wonder why they didn't take my keys if I no longer work there.
    Last edited by Brant Coyle; 01-02-2011, 08:26 PM.

You can apply for UI at any time - the state will make the decision whether you
    receive it/qualify for it or not. There is a one wk. waiting period in Mn.

Who told your wife you no longer work there? Why did your wife call & not you?

ref.: http://www.laborlawtalk.com/showthread.php?t=277995
    Last edited by Betty3; 01-02-2011, 09:16 PM.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Hmm, I was supposed to show up that night and got walked out. I still got all the security keys and the fob. For some reason my supervisor didnt take it.

Comment

Maybe you might want to talk to your boss on Tues. as told you should. If you
        don't talk to your boss, it's possible they might say you quit (@ no call/no show) & then you probably won't get UI for sure. You may not get it anyway though state will decide.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Actually talked about it with my wife. She said they treated you poorly don't give them the time of day. I tend to agree. I see about a half million part time jobs with which to fill my time in my area. I am broadly qualified in several areas. Also my team leader said that I didnt have a job and walked me out. My wife when she called was told I dont work there. What are they going to say? That they really didn't intend to fire me? I can live with that. What I cant live with is them bad mouthing me for years which is what will happen if I dont get another job right away. She also said they didn't ask for them so don't return the keys. I am not that mad so I will mail them to them.
          Last edited by Brant Coyle; 01-03-2011, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Do whatever you want/whatever *you* believe is best for you & your family then.

We can only make suggestions & tell you the law when there is one.

Good luck.

Comment

If you mail the keys back, use a return receipt to prove the keys were received. Otherwise the company can allege you kept the keys.

Comment

I am going to have a notary public verify the contents then fed ex them. Thanks for reminding me though. I almost forgot about keys

Comment

Good point HRinMA.

Comment

Working...
                  X