This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• backgroundcheck.com Minnesota

I am not advertising for the site because I dont know how good it is but I was getting paranoid that there might be something in my work history that would cause me to not get hired so I ordered a background check from them for 19 bucks a month. I couldnt find any site that called them a scam and it was the only background check that did employment verifications that a non-employer could use. I am suspecting that my check will be crap since the background check on my credit report is crap but who knows. I will know when I get it. I guess theres no instant way to grab someones background. Anybody heard of this companies rep?

I haven't, Brant, though all background checks are not created equal. They do not
    all contain the same information.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Brant, my friend, you gave us all a number of very good reasons in your recent postings why you might have a hard time getting hired. But they aren't reasons that are going to show up in any background check.

And Betty is right; not all background checks are the same.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Wow you guys are a bit depressing. I havent even been fired yet or started to look for another job so I guess at this point I can't refute you. I guess its called mybackground check. There are so many with simular looking names. I think it actually calls companies and tries to put together a background check on you but I don't know since the results arent back yet. So what do the three or so who post here regularly do for a job?

Comment

Just my opinion

Most background checks cost around 50 bucks I suspect a $19.00 one will have limited info. In fact at that price I further suspect it wont contain any info you couldnt have found yourself via a simple search on your own. Not saying this is case just my suspcion. You get what you pay for and in this case you didnt pay much
          http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

I got a call from them. Apparently they do do a background check but they only did it on one job. There was a discrepancy there. I forgot I left the job for a year and came back. Apparently my current boss doesn't know. The rest they would only give with a signed release from me. I got a hit on college too. They came back as having no degree but the way the form is worded they may only have been looking for 4 year degrees. I have a two year degree. I have to call them to see why they only did one job and whether I have to pay 15 bucks for every prior job I want to test. I came back clean on the sex and terrorist registry which is good because I have been stopped a few times entering and leaving the country so was worried about that. I guess its worth 19 bucks.

I got feedback a long time ago from a security job I applied for. He was very proud of himself for catching me in some lie so he told me what the person said. I told him that the place I worked at is no longer in business but reopened some time later with a different company under the same name. Apparently the jack *** building manager was more credible than me so I didn't get the job. I think he found some other stupid things that he told me about that I no longer remember. Basically I believe that some real stupid misinformation gets passed around as fact during these verifications but almost no one will never tell you the reason you didn't get the job.

I am going to run one on the job I got fired from tomorrow and remind my current boss that I worked for the same company previously. **** this is a good company.

The name of the website is mybackgroundcheck.com. There are a million websites containing the word backgroundcheck. It took some searching to find the one I registered to.
            Last edited by Brant Coyle; 01-04-2011, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Ok. Good luck to you. I don't see where you had an additional question.
              Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Sounds like a possible ID theft issue.

I found that covering any possible discrepencies in a cover letter can help. BTDT. I only said that because of recent identity theft problems I had there may be discrepancies, and if they have any questions please feel free to ask.
                They appreciated that, but did not hire me (claimed the position was already taken). So who knows if it's work for you.

But it always helps to put an ID theft warning on your credit history. Contact any of the credit bureaus and tell them of the problem. They'll also notify the other credit bureaus and advise you on dealing with it.
                I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
                Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
                I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
                Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

Comment

Nope not identity theft for me. I had left out the gap in employment because I didn't want to list the same company twice on my resume. I am finding that the employment process has trouble handling stuff like this so needs more explanation from me. Jobs that go out of business are hard to explain too. I worked for a job that went out of business. They said they wouldn't do references but gave a letter of seperation. Then I lost the letter of seperation... Try explaining that.

I do quite frequently get letters saying my personal info got stolen. At least 5 so far. Apparently my personal info isn't worth much, since as far as I know, no one has ever used it for anything.

I asked the background check company to rerun my employment verification with the new info. I dont know if they will do that though. The company seems quite legit which is good.

I don't know if there is some policy regarding reporting results here or not. Sorry for my reply if there is. If there is a TOS here point it out to me.
                  Last edited by Brant Coyle; 01-05-2011, 11:35 AM.

Comment

CJ, posting history is a must, here.
                    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Agree. CJ, the OP has many threads/posts that you need to read to get the whole story.

Comment

Even then you can be confused.

Comment

Originally posted by GotSmart View Post
                          Even then you can be confused.
                          It really is kind of confusing due to the various threads started.

Comment

Originally posted by Brant Coyle View Post
                            I do quite frequently get letters saying my personal info got stolen. At least 5 so far. Apparently my personal info isn't worth much, since as far as I know, no one has ever used it for anything.
                            Who are these letters from???

Comment

the VA sent me one or two saying my data was stolen. Various other databases I can't remember. I don't know really it was awhile ago but it was quite a few. Nothing ever happened to me though.

About the background check company. They want me to pony up another 15 bucks to do another employment verification. I called my current employer to correct my dates of employment and they said they would have it done in a couple days. I told them that I was updating my resume not that I was spying on them. heh.

Actually they just fax in the employment verification and do not call. It seems like I am in the wrong line of work.
                              Last edited by Brant Coyle; 01-05-2011, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X