No announcement yet.

New York hiring / interview

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heh thats funny. How much time did you have invested in a resume you probably mailed off. Maybe you need to send out more resumes. I must say that I am a rude interviewee and I never do the things they say are cool like sending out thank you's are calling back to see why they didnt call me back. I assume most of them have forgotten me as soon as they have read the resume or didnt hire me for a job and I am probably right. I generally do a 4 line to one paragraph cover letter and my resume is always one sheet. It looks like business and I generally get a response to it.

Comment

I'm surprised you get any responses at all, Brant. I definitely do not recommend following your example.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

I have been a manager before and was always the most appreciative of the ones who never called back as I didnt have time to deal with the rejects. I supose HR feels differently. I don't know what kind of job he is applying for. I tend to put out 6 or so resumes a week so actually it's almost impossible for me to know who is calling so generally I have learned to ask the HR person to identify themself and the company they are calling for. I have never had a HR person take offense to that. Its possible that I am abrasive I dont know. I never read the rejection letters anyway. Whats the use?

Comment

I'm not talking about your calling back or not calling back. There are two schools of thought on that and not everyone feels the same way.

I'm talking about your being a rude interviewee. That's generally a really good way of getting put in the do-not-hire-ever pile.
          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Most jobs that I apply for do not allow call backs anyway. Actually I have been applying for an rejecting jobs for awhile now and as I recall none of them allowed a call back. I think that is probably what it was in the 80's as I recall doing it back then but these days with discrimination laws and whatnot its dead. Also, I am not a rude interviewee I am a smart interviewee that knows his field. And, I am telling the kid to get a degree and research the field he is interested in rather on relying on just a degree. He will move to the top of the pile right away if he displays knowedge of the job he is apply for,

Comment

Originally posted by cbg View Post
              I'm talking about your being a rude interviewee. That's generally a really good way of getting put in the do-not-hire-ever pile.
              Definitely agree.
              Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

I must say that I am a rude interviewee

'Nuff said.

Comment

I am not the one on trial here. You guys are a fount of information. Even though I may be disagreeable and rude most of the time I havent been fired from a job for at least 15 years. I did find a site called the work number and will check that one out. I guess free credit report does some work history. Geeze my time here has been most valuable. I am guessing they are going to fire me for missing one day of work. heh. Acually I am not even fired yet.

Comment

No one is putting you on trial. No one is on trial here. But if you make statements and later say the opposite, you can't expect people not to call you on it.

I'm glad you're finding the forum valuable.

Comment

Yeah, really I am a nice guy plus I am a veteran and disabled. I talk tough but its all just hot air. The work number costs site 14 bucks. Have to see if I am listed on there. I am the worker bee at my job. I think I am not appreciated because I dont have a cool car and I don't drink but I may be wrong. Probably I should list it because its probably going to be about missing a day of work and then I can highlight all I did for this company.

Comment

Originally posted by Brant Coyle View Post
                        Most jobs that I apply for do not allow call backs anyway. Actually I have been applying for an rejecting jobs for awhile now and as I recall none of them allowed a call back. I think that is probably what it was in the 80's as I recall doing it back then but these days with discrimination laws and whatnot its dead. Also, I am not a rude interviewee I am a smart interviewee that knows his field. And, I am telling the kid to get a degree and research the field he is interested in rather on relying on just a degree. He will move to the top of the pile right away if he displays knowedge of the job he is apply for,
                        Brant, this is the exact opposite response from the response you gave in another thread. In the other thread you told the poster to get the easiest college degree there was because that gets your foot in the door.

You called yourself a rude interviewee in this thread so why are you backpedaling now?

Comment

Working...
                        X