X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiring Documentation Maryland

Hello I have several questions:

1: In order for an employee to begin work training, must they fill out any paperwork? If so what forms? Where can this information be located?

2: At what point in the hiring process must pay rate be established? Where can this information be located?

3: Must employees be paid for training time? Where can this information be located?

4: May employees be paid less then Federal minimum wage during traiaing? Where can this information be located?

5: May employees be paid in cash without recording hours worked? Where can this information be located?

6: May I hire non-US citizens without identification? Where can this information be located?

7: May I hire children? Where can this information be located?

8: Am I required to provide benefits of any type in any way to any employee? Where can this information be located?

9: Am I required to pay employees if they are related to me? Where can this information be located?

10: Do I have to pay women if they refuse to wear religiously required clothing? Where can this information be located?

11: Can I pay a woman less because she is married? Where can this information be located?

12: Can I fire an employee due to injury, sickness or religion? Where can this information be located?

13: Must I post OSHA guidlines? Where can this information be located?

14: Must I serve customers who share different religions, sexualities, races or languages? Where can this information be located?

KEY FACTS:
    Food service industry - restruant (fast food)
    no tips or additional compensation
    located in USA
    Located in Maryland

I already know the answers to these questions - but my boss (New Owner) does not, I really just need some rescources to enlighten him before he gets me (General Manager) thrown in Jail.
    Last edited by RoyJHerbIII; 08-23-2009, 08:04 PM. Reason: removed racial slurs, and tirade regarding new owner

If you already know these answers, why are you asking us? And why should the owner believe somebody on the internet whom he knows nothing about, over you? This is not "several" questions, this is a LOT of questions.

Try doing some google searches for the backup you need. Which is what I'd have to do if you actually want something in print.

This post could take a good 30 minutes to answer, and we are all volunteers here with jobs (well, most of us-wink Betty3 ).
    Last edited by Pattymd; 08-24-2009, 03:40 AM.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

I did a google search, and all I get is links to this website and other such non-source material. I was hoping to obtain a link to a DOL or OSHA source which could be printed.

Comment

Sorry, I'd anwer one or two of those but thats just too many questions.
        I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
        Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I'm on hold. I'll answe ras many as I can before I need to go. Most of your answers are here http://www.dllr.state.md.us/labor/wagepay/

Originally posted by RoyJHerbIII View Post
          Hello I have several questions:

1: In order for an employee to begin work training, must they fill out any paperwork? If so what forms? Where can this information be located? see link
          2: At what point in the hiring process must pay rate be established? Where can this information be located? see link

3: Must employees be paid for training time? Where can this information be located? see link- yes

4: May employees be paid less then Federal minimum wage during traiaing? Where can this information be located? see link

5: May employees be paid in cash without recording hours worked? Where can this information be located? cash yes, not recording hours no

6: May I hire non-US citizens without identification? Where can this information be located? never. www.uscis.gov

7: May I hire children? Where can this information be located? depends on how old- see link

8: Am I required to provide benefits of any type in any way to any employee? Where can this information be located? nope

9: Am I required to pay employees if they are related to me? Where can this information be located? yes

10: Do I have to pay women if they refuse to wear religiously required clothing? Where can this information be located?

11: Can I pay a woman less because she is married? Where can this information be located? hell no- this isn't 1909, it is 2009http://dhmh.state.md.us/oeop/eeu/eeufaq.htm

12: Can I fire an employee due to injury, sickness or religion? Where can this information be located? no-http://dhmh.state.md.us/oeop/eeu/eeufaq.htm www.wcc.md.us

13: Must I post OSHA guidlines? Where can this information be located? certain ones yes- www.osha.gov

14: Must I serve customers who share different religions, sexualities, races or languages? Where can this information be located? yes http://dhmh.state.md.us/oeop/eeu/eeufaq.htm

KEY FACTS:
          Food service industry - restruant (fast food)
          no tips or additional compensation
          located in USA
          Located in Maryland

I already know the answers to these questions - but my boss (New Owner) does not, I really just need some rescources to enlighten him before he gets me (General Manager) thrown in Jail.
          I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Originally posted by Pattymd View Post
            This post could take a good 30 minutes to answer, and we are all volunteers here with jobs (well, most of us-wink Betty3 ).
            Hey, just because I'm retired doesn't mean I don't volunteer my time here. I could be doing something else. Also, some responders post from work (wink to some of you )
            Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Originally posted by Betty3 View Post
              Hey, just because I'm retired doesn't mean I don't volunteer my time here. I could be doing something else. Also, some responders post from work (wink to some of you )
              I was in class all day today, Betty.
              I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Well, you're excused *today* from my comment then.
                Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
                X