This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job abandonment Missouri

I was fired, they said for job abandonment. I left, with my supervisorís approval to go to an appointment with the understanding I would be on call. I was available by phone the whole time. My supervisor called me and told me not to return. Then they fire me! Is this right?

Originally posted by justamom2 View Post
    I was fired, they said for job abandonment. I left, with my supervisorís approval to go to an appointment with the understanding I would be on call. I was available by phone the whole time. My supervisor called me and told me not to return. Then they fire me! Is this right?
    If you're asking if it is legal, then, yes.
    Please no private messages about your situation.

Comment

It may not be/seem fair but it was not an illegal termination. Mo. is an at-will employment state & you can be terminated at any time for any reason not protected by law (ie age, religion, gender) or unless you had a bona fide employment contract or CBA to the contrary.

It's just like you could have quit your job at any time for any reason.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
      X