This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age Discrimination in Arizona

I am a 56 year old female that was recently terminated after 16 years employment. The reasons give for my termination were the need to restructure the department and that a more "degreed" individual was needed.

A new, younger individual is being hired to replace me. My performance appraisals have always been above average. I have been offered a severance package which I will need to complete and return with my election however, I feel as though I have been targeted unjustly and am inclined to pursue the wrongful termination. What can I do?? Please Help!

Originally posted by snit27
    I am a 56 year old female that was recently terminated after 16 years employment. The reasons give for my termination were the need to restructure the department and that a more "degreed" individual was needed.

A new, younger individual is being hired to replace me. My performance appraisals have always been above average. I have been offered a severance package which I will need to complete and return with my election however, I feel as though I have been targeted unjustly and am inclined to pursue the wrongful termination. What can I do?? Please Help!
    ----

The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA) protects individuals who are 40 years of age or older from employment discrimination based on age. The ADEA's protections apply to both employees and job applicants. Under the ADEA, it is unlawful to discriminate against a person because of his/her age with respect to any term, condition, or privilege of employment -- including, but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, layoff, compensation, benefits, job assignments, and training.

Go to this site : www.eeoc.gov/offices.htm or or call 1-800-669-4000 (TTY: 1-800-669-6820) to be connected directly to your nearest field office of the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

Best wishes!
    Sue
    Last edited by Sue; 07-26-2004, 06:50 AM.
    Sue
    FORUM MODERATOR

www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

Working...
    X