This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheating workers out of their Money.

the company that i work for is cheating workers out of their money! They are taking 30min for lunchbreaks everyday out of their paycheck even if they didn't take one! I also know that they pay me 4 hrs one day for a sick day when i have been there since day one and they payed 2 girls in the same department as me a full 8 hr day without a doctors note! what can i do???

Cheating Workers Out of Their Money?

Originally posted by Cathy
    the company that i work for is cheating workers out of their money! They are taking 30min for lunchbreaks everyday out of their paycheck even if they didn't take one! I also know that they pay me 4 hrs one day for a sick day when i have been there since day one and they payed 2 girls in the same department as me a full 8 hr day without a doctors note! what can i do???
    You should contact your Human Resources Department or Payroll Supervisor if you feel that your paycheck is being calculated incorrectly, i.e. being paid for sick time that you haven't taken. Be sure that your sick balance is accurately reflected once any necessary adjustments are made during the next pay cycle.

As far as not being paid for the 30-minute lunch break, I would also suggest that you and any employee affected reach out to the Human Resources Department. Although there are no federal laws that mandate an unpaid lunch break, depending upon the state you live in, there could be regulations that govern such a break which may be why the company is taking this 30-minute break out of each person's pay.

Good luck to you!
    Karen

Comment

Working...
    X