This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed. Code 44110-44114 California California

I have a case of fraud, discrimination, harassment and retaliation against my client school bus driver at the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD), with violations occurring both at the Paul Revere Chartered Middle School and at the main headquarters on 333 South Beaudry Avenue in the city of Los Angeles.

I am in the process of preparing a complaint against LAUSD and some individual respondents and am using California Education Code sections 44110-44114. At section 44114, it states that I can file a copy of said complaint with the local law enforcement agency.
    There seems to be an issue as to which "agency" that is. In checking with LAPD, I get very contradictory answers. The downtown Los Angeles DA's office says I should start with the LAUSD police force (yes, they have one). There are as many different opinions as people I consult with.

Is there anybody who has gone down this path before with LAUSD who can tell me to what the "local law enforcement agency" in this case would actually refer to?

Thanks for any assistance you might be able to give me.

Mikepi
    Last edited by cbg; 06-18-2015, 12:04 PM. Reason: indicate email

Mike, I removed your email. Spamming is the least of the problems you could encounter. Anyone who wants to answer will do it on the board - we don't respond by email.

Are you the union rep?
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

44114 indicates you may file with local law enforcement. If you wish to do this, file with both. In some cases what happened may fall under criminal statutes but in the vast majority of cases, that is not true. This kind of language just means that the school system itself does not have sole jurisdiction.
      I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

But who is that, Elle?

Thanks Elle, but who constitutes "local law enforcement agency"? Is it LAPD, LAUSD police or someone else?

Comment

You note in your first post you have been getting different opinions as who to file with. What we tell you would be an opinion also. It's doubtful there is anyone on the forum who has gone down this actual path. Why don't you file with the LAUSD police as suggested by the DA - start there.
          Last edited by Betty3; 06-18-2015, 02:55 PM.
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

I am not sure the exact relationship between the LAUSD force and other law enforcement. I suspect they are either a division of a larger force, assigned to the schools (as in my local school system), or hired outright and are employees solely of the system (less common). Either way, I'd file with any law enforcement agency which has jurisdiction to act in the schools and investigate criminal matters. Just like any other report made to police, if you make the report and they aren't the ones able to act on it, they will let you know. Personally, I'd start with the school system force and if told that is improper, go with the city or state troopers. It would still be up to whichever force you report to, to determine if they feel it is worthy of investigation as far as criminal behavior. It is very rare that employment matters cross that line but if there is assault, or theft involved, it might.
            I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Working...
            X