This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hostile work environment??

Hello I have a question regarding if this situation is considered a Hostile work environment: Our company is getting ready to expand and are adding more supervisor positions. My supervisor and I have had problems in the past with him writing me up on one other occasion. This time he wrote me up for a very minor infraction which eliminates me from interviewing for this new position. My question is this, I feel like he picked this very minor infraction and time frame to purposely eliminate me from having a chance of even getting an interview for this new position. A few other people were given a "verbal warning" when they did this same infraction by the same person. He also stated that he has warned me before about this (which I do not recall) and nothing was documented on this subject to verify him saying this.

Based solely on what you have posted, no, this is not an HWE as defined by law.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-ho...nvironment.htm
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

In CA, this is not a hostile work environment.

I'm not sure where you are located, but I'm an employment lawyer in California. Without more, this would not constitute harassment.
        Last edited by Betty3; 10-15-2015, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Branigan - Please do not reply to old threads. Also, no free advertising of your law firm.
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
          X