This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• being reprimand because a patient is discriminating Louisiana

I have a friend of mine who is an LPN at a home health agency and due to her being overworked and a single mother of two, I'm helping her out by posting this with hopes of getting some info. It seems she is being penalized by her agency for reasons that really leave me scratching my head. She's been written up twice now and has only one more write up to go before she can be terminated. The thing of it is, she is not being written up for incompetence or anything relating to professional behavior.

The main incident relative to the subject line of this thread is that she was working with a teenage patient and doing well with him. Things were going smoothly until she was told by the family that they did not want her working with their son because she was white. She was removed from the case and then written up because she "lost" the case and had to be replaced by another nurse. The thing of it is that she wasn't removed because she was doing her job wrong; she was removed because of her race. I'm really perplexed by this because this seems to be something like an equal employment opportunity issue. Does she have any rights here? Thanks in advance.

Hmmm. I'll have to think on that.
    I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
    Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
    I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
    Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

Comment

Working...
    X