Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You might or might not receive a reply from the original poster. You can "hold" & see.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

No encouraging news

Unfortunately, the EEOC has no regard for the law or Congress. The Congressman's constituent rep was committed and helpful. Even got my file to the Justice Department. Everyone was sympathetic and in agreement with my stand...BUT....unable to budge the EEOC. The agency is not held accountable for their actions or job performance. They have no oversight. Because of them, discrimination has a friend at the top.

This has been an eye opening experience for me. The EEOC, at least in Atlanta, is totally supportive of the employer, even if only due to their willingness to hold complaints hostage far beyond the time the law allows. Employers will always win the waiting game. The EEOC is the poorest excuse for a "law enforcement agency" the world will ever know. They had no interest in absolute poof of felony behavior on the part of my former employer. The Justice Department said they had no authority once my case was dismissed.

If you absolutely believe you can deliver the evidence to win your case, file pro se before that 90 days slips by. You may eventually find and attorney who will take your case on contingency.

And remember, life goes on regardless of the outcome. Do Not let this eat you alive.

Comment

Sven, from what you just described I'd say it's borderline on incompetence and a possible RICO violation. RICO is a serious issue. Google it and then PM me if you have any questions on that. My experience with the EEOC is not a good one. Twice I complained and one was in my favor and the other was not. One in my favor was me versus a big-box department store, and no lawyer would touch it. The one I lost was because the EEOC didn't want to look into it. They held off an investigation for 6-8 months until I wrote a letter to my congressman. He asked a few questions and they did a piece of crap investigation. Gee, go figure.
        Document everything though. And I mean everything.
        I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
        Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
        I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
        Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

Comment

Working...
        X