X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sweetelise
    started a topic Manager's Attitude Florida

Manager's Attitude Florida

I work a fairly new company, and I have been with the company when there were only nine people starting it off. My relationship with the owner of the company is still in good standing; however, I’m scared to discuss certain problems I am having on the team.

We recently went through a re-organization with the company and now have about 50 employees. I no longer work directly with the owner as he travels and sales our product, but he has told the group and myself, personally, that he door is always open and I can talk to him any time.

The re-organization of our company lead to me reporting to an very well educated versed manager. I figure this would be a great idea. At first he seem nice and wanted to get to know our team, but now he is cold to us. If I go to ask a question for a little bit of guidance he tells me to “shoo, I’m busy” or I just receive a tremendous amount of attitude and often times he is unable to get back with me.

My other co-workers look up to me for guidance since I have trained them everything thing I know.
    A few changes occurred, and I heard a couple of rumors. I wanted to ask him for validity on the rumors.

I wanted to confront him about the attitude which I was receiving and talk to him on an “adult” level. I indicated to him that you say a lot of harsh things which come off as an “attitude”. I was told by him “I can talk to you any way that I want…I do not have to talk pleasant to you everytime I see you…”

I was told to train a new supervisor who I report to everything I know and my manager said that I will be moved into the position which I would like to learn, but I don’t really know if this will happen because of the attitude in which I’ve been given.

I don’t know what to do. I do my work put in extra hours when they need me to do so, and even prior my manager being hired I poured my sweat and blood per se into the company to try to make our team a little better. We have been through 2 manager before, the last one helped me, mentor me and treated me with respect.

I have had bad managers before, but they all treated me with respect as a person and adult. I do not know whether to go to the owner about this matter or just ask him if I could help the company in another position.

I love this job, the work is easy and it has always been stress free until I was reassigned to a different manager who I thought would be good for our team, and he has help us out a little. He just treats everyone like we are 2 or 3 years old.

I know it’s probably very ambiguous, but I am just hoping that you could give me your feedback. Thanks.

• Beth3
    replied
    I was told to train a new supervisor who I report to everything I know and my manager said that I will be moved into the position which I would like to learn, but I don’t really know if this will happen because of the attitude in which I’ve been given.

I think your best option at present is to wait and see what happens. If you're not offered this opportunity when the time comes and you think that was a poor business decision, then go and see the owner. (Don't whine about it being unfair - approach this as a business issue.)

The new boss being a jerk is not illegal. I'm not excusing his behavior but it sounds like your organization has gone through a period of significant growth which is great but very stressful, especially for management. That could be why your boss has changed from Mr. Nice Guy to being so unpleasant to work with. Maybe he'll get back on a more even keel when things settle down.

Leave a comment:

• Betty3
    replied
    Based on your post, your manager is doing nothing illegal. It's not illegal to have the "attitude" he seems to have. It just makes work "hard" for you. Sometimes you just have to put up with these things (or look for other employment).

If you have a good rapport with the owner, you can try discussing the situation with him. That's a decision you will have to make.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X