This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am i a victim ? ?

Am i a victim of some sort of discrimination ? Just recently returned to work from being off for 3 months due to an injury. I am back to work now, but have just turned in my 2 weeks notice for employment elsewhere. I asked why did'nt i recieve a raise the whole entire time of employment (2 yrs), when other people with less time have recieved raises. Employer told me that i had been gone,absent (referring to the time off from the injury to recover) for a month and a half. Seems to me like that this is discrimination, because they said i have been off work to recover and not at work. Mind you i did ask for a raise approximately 3-4 weeks ago. Just wondering, i feel that this is wrong in what they had said. PLEASE ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Discriminatory

Your employer does not have to give you a raise, unless the reasons for withholding the raise is as a result of illegal discrimination. Illegal discrimination is making a decision based on someone's race, religion, gender, sexual harassment, national origin, age or disability. You didn't describe your injury but I get the sense that you recovered. If that is the case, it isn't considered a disability. If it wasn't, then you are not a victim of discrimination (at least on the basis of your recovery).

Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

I am also a disabled Veteran. I had a seizure which led to me hitting my head on a door. Doc released me back to work but still have headaches

Comment

Discrimination

Do you believe that they did not give you the raise because of your veteran status? Veterans are also protected against discrimination.

You may want to talk with your doctor about your condition. He/she may be able to assist you in determining if you have a disability. You can learn more about prohibitions against discrimination of those with disabilities or who are veterans by lookning at the US EEOC website. It may be found at:
        http://www.eeoc.gov/

Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.
        Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
        www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

Working...
        X