regular social security vs social security disability

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• regular social security vs social security disability

I am probably going to have extensive back surgery in the near future which may prevent me from me returning to my regular job as a plumber. I will become 62 in November, where I could start collecting regular SS, if I retire. What happens if I become disabled but become 62 yrs old, when I'm eligible to collect regular SS? Can I apply for SS disability or do I need to be younger than age eligible for regular SS? Thank you

Here is some information for your review re taking early retirement benefits at 62 &/or applying for SS disability income.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encycloped...er-age-60.html
    http://www.ssdrc.com/blog/2008/04/if...-file-for.html

If you have additional questions, you can always call your local SS office & discuss.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Betty

Betty,

Once again, thank you so much for giving me clear and concise answers to my situation. I am so glad I found this site. You have saved me countless hours looking for this information.

Respectfully yours,
      Dave Arnold

Comment

You are certainly welcome.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
        X