X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LawatWB
    started a topic Accident on the way to work California

Accident on the way to work California

My brother was riding his motorcycle on the way to work when he got an accident. It was kind of a rough accident and his left arm needed operation and he's currently on cast and will be for at least half a year. Would he need a disability leave or not? His work doesn't require much manual work but it does bother him if he can't move his left arm. Any advice?

• cbg
    replied
    Agreed, Betty.

Leave a comment:

• Betty3
    replied
    This might be seed spam. This is another one where even though IP notes in US - the ISP is Cloud/Flare which I noted a lot of the foreign spam came from. Also, replied to old thread & reply isn't exactly helpful. We can keep a watch & see if poster does any add'l. posts.

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    Once again, I must suggest that people check the dates of the threads before they post. Unless you are the OP coming back with an update, it is unnecessary to respond to a thread that has had no activity for, let's say two to four weeks. After that time, it's a pretty safe bet that the situation has resolved itself.

It is understood that laws may change and that state laws may differ. Neither is a reason to reopen a dead thread.

Leave a comment:

• Betty3
    replied
    Originally posted by LawatWB View Post
    Would he need a disability leave or not?
    That would be up to his doctor to determine.

Leave a comment:

• ferretrick
    replied
    Your brother needs to give his doctor a thorough description of the physical requirements of his job. (ie how long does he stand/sit, how much does he use his left arm, does he have to type, etc.) The doctor can then determine when he can return to work, and if he does, with what restrictions, and sign the paperwork to get disability if that is in fact, needed. Then your brother needs to follow his doctor's orders.

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    What does his doctor say?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X