This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• return from STD question - Minnesota

I am currently on FMLA and STD. I will be returning to work soon.

In the meantime, there is a possibility I may be offered a job. Can I go back to work for one day and quit or will I have to pay my employer back amounts for insurance?

If you return for less than 30 days, your employer may back charge you for any insurance premiums they paid on your behalf while you were on leave. Not that they absolutely will, but they do have that right.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Originally posted by ElleMD View Post
      If you return for less than 30 days, your employer may back charge you for any insurance premiums they paid on your behalf while you were on leave. Not that they absolutely will, but they do have that right.
      Thank you for your reply.

Is there any way I could get an idea how much that would be?

Comment

Only they can tell you that. There's far too much range depending on region of the country and the strength of the policy for us to even guess.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

If you can get your hands on the COBRA premiums for prior employees, that should give you a rough estimate. COBRA premiums can be up to 102% of the regular premium. However like cbg said, coming any premiums outside your specific coverage and plan won't help you at all.

Comment

Working...
          X