X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure to Change a position California

I am located in California.

I am a Human Resources Manager and have an employee coming back from maternity leave in early February. The employee works in a very large clients office. The clients manager is pressuring me allow the returning employee to be demoted to a position in their office at $3.00 per hour less and replaced by another of her employees. I have steadfastly refused. Now the client manager is saying the the employee has verbally agreed ot the change. I have refused to allow it unless the employee provides a written statement that she understands that she will take a $3.00 and hour pay cut and that she agrees to the change. However, the client is playing the "I am a very large client and I have a right to choose or we will go elsewhere." I have a feeling that the employee is being coersed but she has not said anything even though I have asked.

Can anyone verify if a written statement will protect my company from any future lawsuits? This doesn't sound right to me.

Thanks

What reason has the client given?
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Originally posted by cbg View Post
      What reason has the client given?

The client will not give a reason. It is a strange situation.

There is no union or other contractual agreement other than the normal employer/employee relationship in California.

Comment

Working...
      X