This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

Can my employer require that my doctor state how many times a month I will need to see him? It is impossible to specify how many times a month I may have a condition flare up in relation to my illness. This is for intermittent FMLA.

Your employer is legally entitled to your doctor's best guess at how often you will need to be out, yes.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Can my employer require that my doctor state how many times a month I will need to see him? Yes. Your doctor can certainly state how frequently you are likely to need to see him, based on the past history of your condition. He can also state that your actual visits will vary depending upon your symptoms.

Comment

Your employer needs some idea of how often you "might/probably" will be out.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
        X