X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maternity Leave, lost my job New Jersey

Hi, i need advice on what to do.
    I went on maternity leave in January due to complications with my pregnancy, in April gave birth and was due to get back to work June 27th.
    Two weeks prior to my date to get back to work i went to the school where i was working and spoke to my boss and told him. He told me to take it easy that he would call me and tell me of when to get back. The 27th i received a text message from the director's assistant telling me to not return to work until i received a phone call. Until today is September 1st, new staff has been hired for the new school year and they didn't give me my job back. What should i do?

Look for a new one.

The maximum an employer is required to hold your job is 12 weeks unless a legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

You mention that you work for a school. In particular if that school is a public school, I would contact the union and or HR department to find out your status. If you have not contacted anyone since June, I would not hold out a lot of hope that you still have a position. Your union agreement may give you some recourse for getting rehired or letting you know your options.
      I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Working...
      X