This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMLA & temp workers New York

I know that when an agency employee is hired and then needs a leave of absence, we have to include the time worked here through the agency when checking to see if he has worked 12 months. Do the temp hours count toward the 1250 also?

Yes. You and the staffing agency are "co-employers" for FMLA purposes and you must include any hours the employee worked for you through a staffing agency as well as hours worked after you hired them in determining eligibilty.

Comment

Thank you Beth. I figured that if months had to be counted, hours did too, but I wanted to be sure.

Thanks again!

Comment

You're very welcome.

Comment

And you don't have to back date the employee's date of hire. All you have to do is consider the time worked for your company through the staffing agency for FMLA eligibility purposes. Some employers have questioned that.
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
          X