This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Much can a Doctor charge for FMLA paperwork? Florida

I'm just wondering if there is a legal limit to what a doctor can charge for filling out an fmla form, I've heard of doctors charging as much as 25-50 dollars, but my physician wants $ 400.00 for my fmla, does this sound fair/legal? I can really use some advise, my employer is requiring I have the paperwork to them by a certain date but I cannot afford it at this time. I'm in a bind.

There's no limit I know of but that is very high. How much information does the
    dr. think needs to be furnished? Are you seeing just that one doctor?
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Yes this is the only doctor I am seeing

Comment

$400 is just nuts. The paperwork takes probably no more than 15 minutes.

The medical board of your state might have a maximum, but that's the only thing I can think of, and I wouldn't be optimistic.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

I doubt there is a max. amount a dr. can charge but you can try the state
          Medical Board - give it a shot.
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

One other thing I just thought of. Do you have you insurance through an HMO? If so, you might call them and see if they have something.
            I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Or any managed care plan.
              The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

$400 is absolutely ridiculous. I doubt it takes the doctor more than 5 or 10 minutes to fill out the form. (Since it's not a medical service though, it's not subject to health insurer's "reasonable and customary limits." I expect the doctor can charge whatever he wants for an administrative fee, even if it's highway robbery.)

Comment

I did a google search & some other web sites say they can charge as much as
                  they want though no one was charging $400.00. I wonder what kind of car that
                  dr. drives.

Comment

A much better car than his patients do.

Comment

If they can afford a car - hope they have good ins.

Comment

Working...
                      X