This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IS anxiety covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act Pennsylvania

I have the diagnosis of anxiety and am having to endure taunting by my coworkers in the form of snide comments within earshot. Everything from my appearance to the comment that something smells like cat pee--then they all laugh--including my supervisor. This has caused me some much stress and anxiety that i have had to go to the dr for medication. I am at the point that i feel i am soon going to just stay home and not go to work anymore. Am i covered under the ADA?

Probably not. That's not really how the ADA works.

When you reported this behavior to HR, what did they say?
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

I haven't reported anything yet. There is a certain "group" in the facility that sets the "rules" I am obviously not in that group. They will get together and lie. I have seen it done before to many people. If they don't like you they will do what ever they want to and lie about it. The HR manager is one the the group members It is just an awful place

Comment

http://www.ada.gov/
        "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
        Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Originally posted by spottruss View Post
          I have the diagnosis of anxiety and am having to endure taunting by my coworkers in the form of snide comments within earshot. Everything from my appearance to the comment that something smells like cat pee--then they all laugh--including my supervisor. This has caused me some much stress and anxiety that i have had to go to the dr for medication. I am at the point that i feel i am soon going to just stay home and not go to work anymore. Am i covered under the ADA?
          If I understand correctly, they're not teasing you BECAUSE you have an anxiety disorder. Their teasing has caused you stress and anxiety. Correct? If so, the ADA has nothing to do with your situation.

Comment

Also see http://www.laborlawtalk.com/showthread.php?t=278750
            Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
            X