This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDI & Duty to Return to Job in California? California

I am currently at home on state disability and my employer is not contributing additional payments to me.
    I have decided that I will not be returning to my former employer at the end of my disability period, which is not for another couple of months. (Major surgery)
    I would like to let them know that I am not returning now, but I am afraid that my SDI benefits might be terminated if I resign while collecting SDI.

Can I give my employer notice now that I will not be returning? Or will I jeopardize my disability?
    Many thanks for your help!

You will not jeopardize your SDI benefits; continuing benefits are not dependent on maintaining employment with the company you were with at the time you went on disability.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Thank you, Pattymd!

Comment

You're not the only one who ever asked that question. As Patty said, your disability
        income benefits will continue after termination of employment as long as you are
        still disabled.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
        X