This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STD FMLA Wrongful Termination Arizona

First off, let me apologize in advance, if this question has been asked a thousand times...
    What do I do if I have been approved for both, FMLA, and STD, but I was terminated before the acceptance letter made it to me?
    Both were approved back to a date before I was terminated, and the insurance company administering the plan, says I need to talk to my employer for funds to reach me.
    I've been very patient, and keep getting the " a case number has been assigned and we will call you within 4 hours..." with no return calls.
    Huge company. Lots of mistakes. Well documented. Does anyone ever go after this stuff "pro bono"?
    Thanks from first time post person.

What reason was given for the termination?
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Violation of company policy.

Not sure how that can be done if you have a medical issue, causing the accident.

Comment

Could we have more details, please, re the violation of co. policy, the accident,
        & the time line of the violation in relation to applying for FMLA/STD etc. Thanks.

(We don't have much here to go on.)
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Released too early....

The more recent thread by "halfsofast" answered many of my questions/assumptions. Thanks for the replies though.
          It is a little disgusting to know that jobs vaporize, when people are injured on the job, depending on a company chooses to define accomadation.
          I was terminated while I was on a approved FMLA also, but after less than 20 days. Looks like I need to wait for the labor board to decide what happens next.
          Thanks Again.

Comment

Turk, if you had answered the questions Betty3 posed 4 days ago, we might have been able to help you. You chose not to do that.

What "accident"? And what "medical condition"?
            Last edited by Pattymd; 09-01-2010, 01:04 PM.
            I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

If the OP's work is anything like the posts here...the termination reasoning seems pretty obvious!
              Not everything in America is actionable in a court of law. Please remember that attorneys are in business for profit, and they get paid regardless of whether or not you win or lose.

I offer my knowledge and experience at no charge, I admit that I am NOT infallible, I am wrong sometimes, hopefully another responder will correct me if that is the case with the answer above, regardless, it is your responsibility to verify any and all information provided.

Comment

Limited Access

Originally posted by CatBert View Post
                If the OP's work is anything like the posts here...the termination reasoning seems pretty obvious!
                Sorry you had to take that personally. I have limited access to the internet, so my replies did have a delay.
                The other posts mentioned some of the same issues I had incurred, so unless I am pursuing the employer for wrongful termination, my questions were answered.
                Is that not the purpose of a forum?

Comment

Originally posted by Turk182 View Post
                  Sorry you had to take that personally. I have limited access to the internet, so my replies did have a delay.
                  The other posts mentioned some of the same issues I had incurred, so unless I am pursuing the employer for wrongful termination, my questions were answered.
                  Is that not the purpose of a forum?
                  Until you pointed it out to me, I didn't realize I took it personally.
                  Not everything in America is actionable in a court of law. Please remember that attorneys are in business for profit, and they get paid regardless of whether or not you win or lose.

I offer my knowledge and experience at no charge, I admit that I am NOT infallible, I am wrong sometimes, hopefully another responder will correct me if that is the case with the answer above, regardless, it is your responsibility to verify any and all information provided.

Comment

Working...
                  X