This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDI and unemployment

In the past I have been on SDI for difficulties with addiction/depression issues. I have been doing very well for many years.

For the past three years I have been working for a school. I know that during the summer I cannot apply for unemployment if I have a "reasonable expation for reemployment".

This spring I, and a lot of educators, have gotten notice that our return next year cannot be offered. I have that in writing and fully expect to be able to collect unemployment and look for full time employment since we do not have "reasonable expectations" of re-employment come the fall.

This issue has triggered many of my depression/addiction issues and I feel a need to re-enter a treatment program; during which I would be eligible for SDI.

If I collect SDI for a short period of time, how does that effect my UI claim and benefits. Does it count against my time or total benefits. (both are calculated off the same criteria, to my underatanding.)

I have tried to call UI and their phones say "sorry we are too busy to answer your call at this time; please try again later!"

TerraNova - please start your own new thread. You added your question to another poster's thread. Thanks.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

new thread

I am sorry, I thought this would be a clarification of this thread. I found it with a Google search. I followed the link to no avail.

I would be happy to start a new thread but do not see a link to do so. Could you direct me as to how to do this?

Thank you,
      TerraNova

Comment

I'll go ahead & start a new thread for you.

P.S. Please verify the name of your state. (ie Ca.) Thanks.
        Last edited by Betty3; 04-03-2009, 12:25 AM. Reason: add PS
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Verification of State

Yes, this question is for the state of California.

Thanks,

Comment

Working...
          X