This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not allowed to work. Idaho

My wife has a medical condition that the doctors have advised is not contagious to others. She received a certified letter from her employer stating that she can not return to work until the condition is taken care of. She was advised that she would have to apply for the family leave act after her sick leave is used up. Question is can she be made to take time off without pay, when she is willing and able to return to work and has been working with the same condition for several months?
    Thank you

I, of course, don't know what the medical condition is since it wasn't mentioned but does the employer still believe, even though the dr. said it isn't, that it might be contagious?

What kind of work does your wife do - does she work around food?

Did her employer know she had the medical condition when she was working with it previously or was it later diagnosed?

Thanks.

P.S. If you don't mind telling us, it might help if we knew what her medical problem/condition is.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

And if the condition DOES qualify for FMLA, it should not wait until she uses up her sick leave. FMLA and sick pay can legally (and in most companies, does) run concurrently.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Thanks, Patty. I meant to add that & then I forgot. It's late. Betty3
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Originally posted by Betty3 View Post
          Thanks, Patty. I meant to add that & then I forgot. It's late. Betty3
          No, it's early.
          I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Not Allowed to Work

The letter indicates they think the condition maybe contagious. Works in a juvenile justice setting. an ulcer on her face. Thanks again, Yes they have know about the condition for at least 8 months,
            Last edited by grape2f1; 03-16-2009, 06:53 AM. Reason: new info

Comment

Working...
            X