This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Notes Kansas

I am not for sure if this is the place to be posting this, but I need some awnsers... now!

I have been out of work sick for 2 days now, I called in this morning and she said that I had to get a dr note. She doesn't provide insurance, and I don't think it's fair that she is making me go to the dr when I don't have the 60 dollars to go get a dr note. I know she didn't tell anyone else to get a dr. note, and the stomach flu is going around work right now, EVERYONE got it. I know that is what I have, I don't need to spend 60 bucks that i don't have to have a dr tell me i have the stomach flu. Is there a law in kansas that states something about only needing a dr note after a certain number of days of being out of work, or needing to provide insurance or anything like that involving this situation? Please include a link where you got the information please, or where I could look, I want proof to show her.

There is no law in any state that prohibits an employer from asking for a doctor's note until after x number of days. The only exception would be if FMLA applied, and even then a note is needed initially. It would only be after the first medical information was provided that the limitation would go into effect.

I cannot provide you with a link because that is not the way it works. There is no law giving an employer permission to ask for doctor's notes; only the absence of a law prohibiting it.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

I don't disagree, but there is no "link" to give you because there is just no law addressing doctor's notes one way or the other, unless FMLA is involved. And the run-of-the-mill flu isn't an FMLA-qualifying medical condition. Therefore, because the law doesn't prohibit it, the employer is free to have such a policy.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

I agree with cbg and Patty, but am curious about one thing. Why is your er being such a stickler for requiring a doctor's note? Has the er expected you to provide doctor's notes in the past when out sick? Does the er expect the same from other employees?
        The only thing spammers are good for is target practice.
        No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, but a bunch of electrons and phosphors have been a tad inconvenienced.

Comment

I have been hanging around cbg too long. Now our responses are nearly worded the same way.
          I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pattymd View Post
            I have been hanging around cbg too long. Now our responses are nearly worded the same way.
            You & me both (hanging around cbg too much). Now you know why my one post on the other forum was worded as it was.
            Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

uweremysunshine - I also as The Masked Poster was wondering - why the strict requirement re a doctor's note for the flu. You said you knew everyone else was not required to get a doctor's note for the flu going around - did they just start asking for notes because of the absence of so many people recently?

Do you have any idea why the employer is requiring you to get one when others didn't have to?

Thanks.
              Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
              X