This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employee rights during disability Massachusetts

I was employed by a large MA employer and after going on maternity leave I needed to start LTD due to complications after labor. I have been deemed disabled till 05/2008 (from 11/2006) when I contacted my employer to confirm my employment status and was informed that they have terminated my employment 03/2007. I have not received any letter nor any other notification from them in regards to the termination of employment and they refuse to provide me with any documentation as to the policy of the company in this regard. Does a MA employer have the right to terminate my employment without ANY notification?

You note you did not know you were terminated 3-07 until you contacted your employer 5-08. Had you not been keeping in touch your employer?

Anyway; even under the Ma. Maternity Leave Act or FMLA if applicable, your job protected leave would have been a maximum of 12 weeks. You were off way beyond that. Yes, you can be terminated without "official" notification.

Did you have group health ins. through your employer - had they been continuing it?
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvelita View Post
      I was employed by a large MA employer and after going on maternity leave I needed to start LTD due to complications after labor. I have been deemed disabled till 05/2008 (from 11/2006) when I contacted my employer to confirm my employment status and was informed that they have terminated my employment 03/2007. I have not received any letter nor any other notification from them in regards to the termination of employment and they refuse to provide me with any documentation as to the policy of the company in this regard. Does a MA employer have the right to terminate my employment without ANY notification?
      Don't you have any family member you could ask to tell the employer your current situation that time?..

If that happened, I'm sure you've recieved a notification...

Comment

Sam, is there a reason you're responding to posts that are several months old?
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
        X