This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? about Arizona disability

My Wife requires a hip replacement which will have her off from work for at least 8 weeks. Is there any type of short term benefits we could apply for in Arizona?
    Thanks

I'm sorry but Arizona is not one of the five states with a state disability plan or requires employers to provide disability benefits.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

If she doesn't already have coverage, either privately purchased, or enrolled through her employer, she's probably not going to be able to get it now, pre-existing condition and all. Arizona is not one of the five states which mandate disability insurance/have a state plan.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Does she have any vacation and/or sick time accrued that she can use while off for this surgery? (to have an income coming in)
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Unfortunately all of her PTO and vacation time was used up when she had an operation on her other hip 3 months ago. She has only been working part time for the past month.

Comment

Tough break, sorry. Unfortunately, that's the problem with insurance; you need to buy it before you need it.
            I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Ok, sorry - that's too bad.
              Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
              X