This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA disability

what is CA long term disibility law about returning to work, should I try what if my job has been taken over by another employee?

Disability

Your rights are protected by the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) in the federal arena and California's law protecting those on leave. FMLA protects persons with up to 12 weeks of leave per year.

Did you qualify as an FMLA leave participant at the time you went out on disability?
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

I don't know what FLMA qualification is, I was the one ill, one serious illness after another and NOT worker comp. related. Once disability is over 12 months it is no longer CA, long term becomes Social Security. Does this answer your question? Thanks, Marge

Comment

Long Term Disability

I don't believe that there is any law that protects your job beyond the 12 weeks. However, your employer must not discriminate against a person who is disabled. If your absence is due to a serious condition that constitutes a disability, he or she cannot refuse to hire you just because of the disability.

Best of luck to you. Let me know if you have any other questions.
        Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
        www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

HELP HELP HELP in CALIF.

While on medical disability (heart attack) I was fired from my job. Is there a limit on time on disability when they can terminate you? I hope I am asking this question (explaining)correctly. Anyhow any help anyone can offer it would be greatly appriciated.
          Thank you,
          Slghtlybent

Comment

Duplicate post; I answered this on your own thread. Please do not post the same question more than once.
            The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
            X