This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 y/o charged with assault 2nd degree with a deadly weapon Kentucky

I have a 12 year old stepson that has been charged with assault 2nd degree with a deadly weapon for defending himself from his abusive mother. He got up last Thursday to go to school. He told his mother that he wasnt going to go to school because he didnt have any clean clothes, since she hadnt done laundry in 3 weeks. He then told his father and me that she begin hitting him and slapping him. He said that he pushed her to keep her from hitting him, causing her to scrap her hand on the door latch. She wouldnt stop slapping him so he reached into the kitchen sink and got a knife. The mother then backed off then the child fled the scene and was later picked up by local police and charged. Father was never contacted, he found out about the incident two days later that his son was placed into a detention center. Mother claims that son tried to kill her to the police. She stated to the police that he cut the top of her hand with a knife but she told a different story infront of the judge...she stated that child might of not have cut her with the knife that she wasnt sure. The father and I visited the son on the 6 day of his incarsuration, the child is mentally and physically broken. He has lost weight since he has been there. He stated that he couldnt eat or sleep and was being verbally mistreated by the staff. Child stated that he was scared to death and begged his father to get him out of there. He stated that he didnt want to live with his mother after what she has done to him. Child has a court date scheduled which will make his total stay in the detention center 30 days. It has now been 7 days since the incident. Father needs to know how to get his child removed from the detention center and placed into his custody. This is the childs first offense and he has never been in any trouble or hasnt had any altercations with anyone other than his mother or her boyfriend, both ending in a result of child being physically abused. Father has contacted child protective services on numerous occasions to try and prevent this from happening, only to have allegations dismissed. The father has also tried for custody on numerous occasions, due to the lack of involvment from social services the judge cannot find any reason to remove the children from the home. Any information, tips, or advice would be greatly appreciated on how to resolve this matter and get OUR son home. We fear that if he is kept in the detention center until his court date and returned to the mother afterwards that this will only get worse. Thank You!

He's not YOUR son. Please - lose that term from your vernacular unless you want to ensure that your husband never gets primary custody.

If CPS have been called, repeatedly, and have done nothing that generally suggests there isn't proof of anything too worrisome going on.

Outside of that frankly the only thing to do is make sure the child is in counseling, and make sure he has an attorney for the criminal charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogmatique View Post
      He's not YOUR son. Please - lose that term from your vernacular unless you want to ensure that your husband never gets primary custody.

If CPS have been called, repeatedly, and have done nothing that generally suggests there isn't proof of anything too worrisome going on.

Outside of that frankly the only thing to do is make sure the child is in counseling, and make sure he has an attorney for the criminal charge.
      Thank you for your input but I never stated that he was my son I stated that he was my stepson. I did state that I wanted our son home with us, and I do more than anything. Understand that!!! I have been more of a mother to him than his bio will ever be. I understand that I shouldnt ever go into a court room stating that he is my son. He is my son...my stepson, and I would do anything for him and his sister.

Comment

Originally posted by New..mom..confused in Ky View Post
        Thank you for your input but I never stated that he was my son I stated that he was my stepson. I did state that I wanted our son home with us, and I do more than anything. Understand that!!! I have been more of a mother to him than his bio will ever be. I understand that I shouldnt ever go into a court room stating that he is my son. He is my son...my stepson, and I would do anything for him and his sister.
        Also the child has recieved some counseling but only before a court date..how convenient that is huh!! And for you to say that social services must not have found anything to worrisome...that is crap...When my STEPson is brought to my house at midnight because his mother beat him with a belt and the kid was so upset that he was puking all night long and I stayed up with him all night long!!! I know that there is physical and mental abuse going on at the mothers home. Then the time before that the mothers boyfriend of the month chokes him. No he didnt have any marks on him but that isnt the point the point is that he has know right to put his hands on him in a physical way.

Comment

You need to get an attorney if you have not already done so.
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Have you been keeping a log of everything that's been going on? If not, start now. Also, make sure the cops actually processed the 'crime scene' and got a sample of her blood off of the door latch. (Yes, I watch too much crime TV). Make sure he gets an attorney to represent him in court, and they should let him out on bail, considering his age and all. AND see if he can get a CASA on the custody issue. The Court Appointed SA (can't remember what that stands for) represents what the child wants on custody and other issues.
            I am not an attorney, and don't play one on TV. Any information given is a description only and should be verified by your attorney.

Comment

Originally posted by Alice Dodd View Post
              Have you been keeping a log of everything that's been going on? If not, start now. Also, make sure the cops actually processed the 'crime scene' and got a sample of her blood off of the door latch. (Yes, I watch too much crime TV). Make sure he gets an attorney to represent him in court, and they should let him out on bail, considering his age and all. AND see if he can get a CASA on the custody issue. The Court Appointed SA (can't remember what that stands for) represents what the child wants on custody and other issues.
              The state appointed him a lawyer but I'm not sure if we should go on and get one as well. She is the prosecuting attorney and I'm afraid that she may be overwelmed with work and will not try to win his case!!! We are scared to death I can't even imagine how my stepson feels. It's kind of hush hushsince he is a minor and know one will not tell us anything! Thanks somuch for the help!

Comment

Das ist in der Doktor!

Originally posted by New..mom..confused in Ky View Post
                The state appointed him a lawyer but I'm not sure if we should go on and get one as well. She is the prosecuting attorney and I'm afraid that she may be overwelmed with work and will not try to win his case!!! We are scared to death I can't even imagine how my stepson feels. It's kind of hush hushsince he is a minor and know one will not tell us anything! Thanks somuch for the help!
                Then, In the Childs interest it would be prudent to seek additional council and make some noise,
                A lot of, and very loud noise..

..______________________
                ~ Helping to rid the world of stupidity,
                starting with my own..

Comment

Working...
                X