This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan State Police crime laboratory Michigan

i would like to know the average wait time for results, such as cociane or crack tests. i was told it could take years
    Last edited by MrJ; 03-23-2010, 03:17 AM.

I don't know (maybe another responder will know) but I'm sure it's not years.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

If they send it out to a lab, it can take anywhere from 5 hours to 2 days...They run chemicals through it in the lab which turn different colors and such. I get 2 15 panel lab tests a week, and I always have the results within 48 hours. You are thinking of LSD (Acid) which in essence could take a while, but usually doesn't anymore. Drug testing is very advanced in todays society.

Comment

ok i heard that the Michigan State Police crime lab are so backup that it takes longer

Comment

Being backed up is different from how long it actually takes for the test to be done...
          Not everything in America is actionable in a court of law. Please remember that attorneys are in business for profit, and they get paid regardless of whether or not you win or lose.

I offer my knowledge and experience at no charge, I admit that I am NOT infallible, I am wrong sometimes, hopefully another responder will correct me if that is the case with the answer above, regardless, it is your responsibility to verify any and all information provided.

Comment

Even if they would be behind because they are backed up, you can count on it not taking years.
            Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The crime labs do a variety of different things. Test actual drugs to see what kind they are (Some people tell the police that cocaine is flour or other such things. So they need to test to make sure it is actually cocaine to have a stronger defense) They also test weapons to find out who they belong to (Every gun has a unique signature when fired, which is a pattern of grooves it puts on the bullet when released from the firearm) among other things. The drug testing part of the lab, I can guarantee is not backed up like you make it sound. For instance willow laboratories in massachusetts, gets about 2,000-3,000 specimens a month, and all are done within 2-3 days. Testing urine or hair for drugs is not that lengthly or time consuming. Most likely they don't do it by hand, but by a machine. And therefore it shouldn't be backed up. I would place a phone call to police station in which your urine was submitted, or you may need to go in in person. They should be able to tell you by now.

Have a nice day
              -Aaron

Comment

Working...
              X