Could a 16 year old and a 20 year old have consensual sex legally? Arkansas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could a 16 year old and a 20 year old have consensual sex legally? Arkansas

My boyfriend and I are sexually active, he's 20 and I'm 16. It's 100% consensual. I know that I'm Arkansas the age of consent is 16. My mother is threatening to turn him in for stagetory rape. Could she do that?

No, since the age of consent is 16 the law will not punish him for having sex with you.

However, that doesn't mean that there's nothing at all she can do. There are a great many things you would not like at all that she can do to you, and at least one that I can think of she can do to him, if she doesn't like her minor child having sex. She is by no means helpless in this situation, and even though he can't be jailed for having sex with you, the law is still going to support her right to keep him away from you if that is her choice.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Originally posted by cbg View Post
      No, since the age of consent is 16 the law will not punish him for having sex with you.

However, that doesn't mean that there's nothing at all she can do. There are a great many things you would not like at all that she can do to you, and at least one that I can think of she can do to him, if she doesn't like her minor child having sex. She is by no means helpless in this situation, and even though he can't be jailed for having sex with you, the law is still going to support her right to keep him away from you if that is her choice.
      So, she could put a restraining order between us until I'm 18, correct?

Comment

She could, and if he violates it, THAT's when he goes to jail. What's more, even after you are 18, if you intend to continue living at home under her support, it's her house, her rules.

She can also do any or all of the following right now:

Take away all your electronics
        Take the door off your bedroom
        Take away everything in your room except a mattress on the floor and two changes of weather appropriate clothing - of HER choice
        You go nowhere but school and home, and religious service if applicable. Meaning that you need to drop out of any after-school activities and quit your job if you have one
        She takes you to school and picks you up again after classes. She can even attend classes with you.
        No internet except as needed for school; computer in the living room where it can be monitored and every keystroke examined.

Sound like fun? The law will permit her to do any or all of the above; it is all 100% legal.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
        X