can they do this? Minnesota

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can they do this? Minnesota

my husband fixes bikes and small motors for people as a hobby out of our garage and has 4 main friends who help him and are here all the time, they do all have drug pasts and yes when they can get some they will share some Meth out there, never in the house I won't allow it, maybe every couple of days, nothing more than personal use, my husband & the 4 friends do not make the stuff & my husband does not sell or buy the stuff, (I don't know what his friends do off the property) 95% of the time it's just those 4 friends and it is quiet around here but every few months a friend of one of the friends will cause trouble and the cops will be called, when they come over they harrass me and tell me that my house is a meth house (which they know it's not cause last summer they thought we were hiding someone and searched the house and the garage with the dog and found nothing no ingredients no parafanilia sp? nothing) they tell me to "clean up" or they will send people to do it and I won't like how they do it and threaten to have my girls taken away, they are 16 & 17 and have never seen my husband or his friends using, the Seargent lives next door to me and has for 13 years (my husband has only been here for about 2 years) he has never had a problem with us, you think he would be the first one to say something, the only thing they really have to go on is that my husband and his friends keep odd hours and are between the house and the garage durring the night but so am I and I have never done drugs, I am just naturaly a night owl, do they have the right to harrass & threaten me like they do and say my house is a meth house when there is no real proof of it except for us being up at night?
    Last edited by rosegirl; 01-28-2016, 10:22 AM.

This is not Time Warner. Operators are not standing by 24/7 to answer your call. It can take more than 10 minutes for someone to respond. Your duplicate post has been locked.

As for your question, by your own admission your "friends" are using illegal substances on your property, with your knowledge, and the only thing you've done about is say, "Not in the house". You're lucky you and your husband haven't been arrested. If you don't want anyone calling your house a meth house, don't let people use meth anywhere on the premises, and call the police to report it if they do.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

If several times a week, your spouse and guests are using illegal drugs on the property, guess what? Yours is a meth house. Whether your kids see it or not, their (step?)father is an addict and regularly using illegal drugs and allowing those drug users to be on the same property as the children. It is not normal to have the police be called because a social visit got out of hand. Well, maybe not unexpected with addicts, but this is something which should never happen in a home with children and it has happened more than once. You as the (bio?)mom are allowing it. That right there is enough to get those kids removed from the home and both of you arrested.

Care about your kids and don't want legal hassles? Tell hubby to lose these "friends", immediately cease doing drugs, and refuse to host anyone who does drugs or acts violently. Your kids deserve better than a drug using father figure, violent addicted guests every few days, and visits from the police every few months.
      I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Originally posted by ElleMD View Post
        If several times a week, your spouse and guests are using illegal drugs on the property, guess what? Yours is a meth house. Whether your kids see it or not, their (step?)father is an addict and regularly using illegal drugs and allowing those drug users to be on the same property as the children. It is not normal to have the police be called because a social visit got out of hand. Well, maybe not unexpected with addicts, but this is something which should never happen in a home with children and it has happened more than once. You as the (bio?)mom are allowing it. That right there is enough to get those kids removed from the home and both of you arrested.

Care about your kids and don't want legal hassles? Tell hubby to lose these "friends", immediately cease doing drugs, and refuse to host anyone who does drugs or acts violently. Your kids deserve better than a drug using father figure, violent addicted guests every few days, and visits from the police every few months.
        my husbands friends are not violent it's my neighbor on the other side (not the seargent) that has a grudge against me that is always calling the cops over little things, like 1 morning she called them when 1 of my husbands friends who was building an office in the garage for my husband started working at 7am instead of 8am.

They make it sound like my house and garage are like the ones you see on cop shows, filthy with paraphanilia (sp?) and stuff to make the stuff all over the place, it's nothing like that.
        I have never done drugs or dealt with this before in my life, do they have to intimidate & threaten me like they do.

Comment

Then call the police and tell them your neighbor is making nasty comments because she doesn't like your husband allowing his meth-using friends to use the premises and you'd like them to make her stop saying mean things about you.

Of course, when the police then show up and arrest the friends, and your husband, and maybe even you, who'll get the last laugh?
          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Even if they are using meth in your garage & not your house, it is still your property where they are using. Your husband might want to find other friends.
            Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Let's review: Meth is illegal. Your husband regularly uses it with his friends on your property. Your house is on this property. You are in fact a meth house. You could very well be arrested and lose custody of your children. The officers are doing you a favor warning you. If you choose to continue allowing that, that is your choice, but I'm afraid you are on the wrong board if you want sympathy.
              Last edited by ferretrick; 01-29-2016, 04:35 AM.

Comment

You need to take a hard look at your life. Your concern isn't that your husband is doing illegal drugs but that the police have a problem with that. One day the police will show up when your husband and his friends are doing the drug and then there will be arrests.

Doing meth isn't like having an occasional beer. It destroys the person doing the drug. Google pictures of meth users before and after to see what happens physically.

Comment

Good reasons to call the police- Your meth using neighbor and his friends are keeping odd hours all night and it is keeping you up, Your neighbor is doing meth, guests of your neighbor are doing meth, if there are noise ordinances that limit when things like construction may occur and your neighbor violates that, one of your neighbors' guests is "causing trouble" (your words), there are children in a house where drugs are present, it is believed that you are harboring someone the police are searching for.

Totally legal for the neighbors to take this up with you directly and warn they will call the police/CPS if it does not stop. Also legal for the police to give you a warning. This is not harassment.
                  I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Working...
                  X