Exactly what are my rights? Utah

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exactly what are my rights? Utah

I have been suspicious of a home I recently bought. Part of me is saying that I'm paranoid, and the other part of me is saying I'm not. My experience is, however, telling me that I'm justified in my paranoia.

I have been concerned about the likelihood of a warrantless search/warrantless eavesdropping/wiretapping. And yes this is from experience.

I don't think I'm crazy one bit, really. Once already I came home and it was really weird. I could "smell" that someone else had been here. I know in my previous home, a travel trailer, it wasn't as hard to tell, because the unlawful entrant smoked. And I don't smoke. (they don't have to smoke inside you home to tell, as it comes out when they exhale anyhow).

If I find anything that proves my suspicions, exactly what are my rights? I know that I don't break the law (not intentionally, at least).
    I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
    Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
    I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
    Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

You can buy surveillance systems on the net for surprisingly little money. I will pm you a link or two. This will help determine what the next step is.

Comment

I am not sure exactly what kind of answer you are looking for.
      - You have the right to look for bugs (electronic or creepy crawlies) and remove them.
      - If someone placed bugs in your house, they may or may not have had the legal right to do so.
      - If you find an electronic bug, you likely will still not know who put it there, why, and whether or not they had legal authority to do so.
      - Even if you are correct that someone entered your house, your are assuming that you know they did so to place bugs. Your assumption could be incorrect. There are other reasons to enter someone's house.
      - Have you changed your locks yet? How about all of your computer passwords? Have you done the normal security review that a break in would normally indicate? You may or may not be right on the break in, and you may or may not be right on the bugs, but by assuming the point of the break in (if any) was to plant bugs, you might be missing the bigger picture.
      Last edited by DAW; 10-13-2012, 11:33 AM.
      "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
      Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

I know that I sound paranoid, but since I do have experience with cops doing warrantless searches (in my presence or viewed by neighbors) and confiscations, just my gut feeling sounding off, is all.
        I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
        Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
        I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
        Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

Comment

Working...
        X