Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

17 year old move in with 21 y/o boyfriend with parents consent Iowa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 17 year old move in with 21 y/o boyfriend with parents consent Iowa

    okay so my girlfriends mom is retired and wants to travel around and has offered to let my girlfriend live with me but is unsure if she is legally able to allow her to live with me.
    isnt she legally able to with parents consent?

  • #2
    How long until she is 18? And where is Dad?
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by cbg View Post
      How long until she is 18? And where is Dad?
      her dad lives in oregon, and doesnt speak with her much and a little under a year until 18

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by cbg View Post
        How long until she is 18? And where is Dad?
        mother has sole custody as well she just informed me.

        Comment


        • #5
          She can with Mother's consent.
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

          Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Betty3 View Post
            She can with Mother's consent.
            Okay thank you, does it have to be approved then? Or will they most likely just approve

            Comment


            • #7
              "They" who?
              The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by cbg View Post
                "They" who?
                I'm asking if our marriage license application has a high chance of getting denied.
                I work a full time job have my own place, live close to the high school she will attend.
                I am capable of supporting us financially. So I'm just worried if it's possible we be denied
                A marriage license due to her being 17

                Comment


                • #9
                  If she turns 18 in a little over a year, then she is still 16.

                  I would caution you on moving her in when she is under 18. My mother in law allowed my sister in law to move in at 16. Her parents originally agreed and then went to the police and court to have her brought home. It caused my mother in law considerable issues. My brother in law was also under 18 so the brunt fell on her.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by HRinMA View Post
                    If she turns 18 in a little over a year, then she is still 16.

                    I would caution you on moving her in when she is under 18. My mother in law allowed my sister in law to move in at 16. Her parents originally agreed and then went to the police and court to have her brought home. It caused my mother in law considerable issues. My brother in law was also under 18 so the brunt fell on her.
                    She is 17, not 16. It's gonna be about 10 months until she is 18 but not a year
                    Also she would not be moving in until after we have a marriage license. Her mom is the one that offered this to us.
                    Last edited by watz48; 10-07-2016, 04:59 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by watz48 View Post
                      She is 17, not 16. It's gonna be about 10 months until she is 18 but not a year
                      My response is still the same.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X