Costco tire center custodian of my car in California

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Costco tire center custodian of my car in California

hello everybody, hoping to find some light here. my little history...

I stopped by Costco tire center to repair a flat tire. At the same time, I want to ask to replace my tires due to be worn out. The technician told me the cost and I agreed with it, at the same time he told me that my tires need to be order but can be as early morning tomorrow. I asked if they prefer keep my car, because it does not make sense repair a flat tire if I am going to replace the tires the next day. They agree with my idea, and they told me that they will place my car in the garage overnight. The next day I received a phone call from Costco that my car was ready to be picked up. I went to Costco and received my key from the technician; I was told my car was at the parking of the tire center. I went there just checked the new tires of my car, jumped in the car, and started driving. About 2-3 min after started driving I noticed the shell of my mirror was busted, so I drove back to Costco tire center. I told the technician, and the technician told me to file a claim. Because, Costco has cameras everywhere and we can review the tapes and found who did it. I filled the paper work, and after the third visit to Costco in about a month (with offer to pay half of the repair $300.00) my paper work finished in the claim department of Costco. The adjuster from Costco told me that, he asked the technician at the costco tire center if somebody did it and they said not body. So, Costco is not responsible for the damage. Because must be happen at the parking. Also, for the lack of speed on processing my claim from my local Costco, all the videos were wiped out and it is not a way to find the evidence. I told the adjuster that my car was overnight and I gave custodian of my car to Costco. But, he said nothing to do and that was the finished of the conversation. Can I do something? thanks for any advice.

V/R

ID1973

Many auto repair shops/tire centers have a hold harmless agreement (which is generally part of your paper work) which keeps the shop from always being responsible for damage done at their facility. They generally will only pay for damage actually done by them with proof. If they will not pay, you can file a claim with your car ins. co. or try suing in small claims court. However; before you sue, be sure you didn't sign something (such as a hold harmless agree.) releasing them from liability, that you have proof they were at fault & that you have a statement of cost for repairs.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Originally posted by Betty3 View Post
      Many auto repair shops/tire centers have a hold harmless agreement (which is generally part of your paper work) which keeps the shop from always being responsible for damage done at their facility. They generally will only pay for damage actually done by them with proof. If they will not pay, you can file a claim with your car ins. co. or try suing in small claims court. However; before you sue, be sure you didn't sign something (such as a hold harmless agree.) releasing them from liability, that you have proof they were at fault & that you have a statement of cost for repairs.
      Thanks for your advice...Costco claim that any technician in the shop did it. According to them, more likely was at the parking area in the tire center. Who know that, all videos from the day already are deleted. I do not recall signing a hold harmless agrees. I have the statement of the cost for repairs. I only missing, I guess the key part proof they were at fault.

Comment

If they don't pay, you can go ahead & try suing. The judge will listen to both sides & make a decision. Otherwise, talk to your car ins. co. Good luck.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
        X