This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $500 worth of tickets. Maryland

Recently i totaled my car and i got $500 worth of tickets. To be exact i got 3 tickets. Now i am going to court and hope to receive a smaller amount to pay, or at least get some points taken off. First question i have is what happens when the police officer does not show up? Will i still have to stand in front of the judge? Second question i have is how does this work, do i have to admit guilt to at least 1 ticket ? and last question, could someone tell me step by step what will happen once i step into the court room. What will the judge ask me? ect. Thanks in advance.

1.) What makes you think the police officer will not show up?

2.) No, there is nothing in the law obligating you to plead guilty.

3.) Sorry, crystal ball and magic 8 ball both currently out being repaired. We have no way of knowing what an unknown judge in an unknown court will ask you with regards to a situation to which we have no details.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

You might want to talk to a traffic law attorney & see what they
      "might" be able to do for you & they can answer any questions you
      have regarding going to court. They know the courts/judges in your
      area better than we do. (Just a suggestion)
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

I second Betty'3s suggestion. In your other posts you mention totalling your car and getting the tickets.

To me, the car accident with accompanying police report and insurance reports might be viewed as proof you committed whatever offense you were ticketed for.

Comment

I read the OP's other posts also.
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Originally posted by HRinMA View Post
            I second Betty'3s suggestion. In your other posts you mention totalling your car and getting the tickets.

To me, the car accident with accompanying police report and insurance reports might be viewed as proof you committed whatever offense you were ticketed for.

Im not saying im not guilty, im just going to court and hoping to receive a smaller fine or something like that. Plus the officer that wrote the report and that issued me the tickets told me to take them to court...

Comment

Here's the deal.

A message board can provide general legal information. It cannot provide specific legal advice and is not a substitute for legal counsel. Your questions are getting to be very specific and beyond the point that a message board can legitimately go. If you want information as specific as you are asking for, you are going to have to consult with an attorney of the appropriate branch of law in your state. A message board cannot act as a substitute, which is what you appear to be looking for.
              The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

OP seems to be having a lot of "troubles."

Comment

Originally posted by Betty3 View Post
                  OP seems to be having a lot of "troubles."
                  Well, He does manage to find trouble...I mean "trouble finds him"
                  Not everything in America is actionable in a court of law. Please remember that attorneys are in business for profit, and they get paid regardless of whether or not you win or lose.

I offer my knowledge and experience at no charge, I admit that I am NOT infallible, I am wrong sometimes, hopefully another responder will correct me if that is the case with the answer above, regardless, it is your responsibility to verify any and all information provided.

Comment

Whether trouble finds OP or OP finds trouble, the troubles are getting too involved & specific for us to answer.

Comment

I'm confused. Did he crash the car he bought from out of state with title issues or is this the old car?
                      I am not an attorney, and don't play one on TV. Any information given is a description only and should be verified by your attorney.

Comment

I'm assuming this is the old car that he totaled & received a check for
                        to apply toward another car.

Comment

He mentions the tickets in his original thread. He got them in the accident that totalled his first car.

Comment

Agree/concur Betty3

Comment

All my troubles have come to an end!!! I feel so free now. But anyways i lied my *** off to the judge and he reduced my fine from $570to $60. Everything with the insurance company is done. The claim is finished and i received my check from them and i purchased a new car! I will treat this one with respect and actually care for it. Im not sure how this worked out but i actually got a better car now than the one i totaled. But i still miss it a lot. As far as i know now my troubles are gone. Thanks to everyone who helped me out and replied. I just thought i would mention this because i made alot of threads lol. But anyways i BS u NOT... i really did learn my lesson from all of this. I never make the same mistakes and i never get in small trouble. So im pretty sure i will be back here next year with more trouble and i will ask for your guys advice. Its time to say goodbye to all of you! Take care and thanks again!
                              Last edited by TroubleFindsMe; 08-27-2010, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X