Obligations when Cancelling Boat Purchase Illinois

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obligations when Cancelling Boat Purchase Illinois

I am in Illinois and signed a sales agreement to purchase a boat in Missouri (from a Missouri boat dealer). I did this about 30 days ago and was expecting to take delivery around the first of July. At this point I can't find the sales agreement but wanted to ask whether I have the right to cancel the order at this point. I have put $2,000 down and expect to lose part or all of that money.

My circumstances have changed dramatically during the past week and I can no longer afford to purchase the boat. Any advice you can offer would be appreciated.

You will want to ask for a copy of the sales agreement ("contract"). Your answer will probably be in there.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Agreed, this is going to be determined by what's in the contract. We can only guess at what portion, if any, of the $2000 they are entitled to keep.

Comment

Working...
      X