Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$2500 bill for unauthorized dental work for child - please help!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the original post, it sounds like the dentist might have been scamming her by 'replacing all of the fillings' that the child had. First I would discuss it with the dentist and ask him to show the x-rays that show all fillings needed to be replaced (not likely in a child). Also do what others have suggested, call everyone you can think of to report it, especially the dental board.

You need to write a letter disputing the bill and the necessity of the work, and also re-state that you ONLY authorized work that was covered by insurance, thereby putting the onus on HIM to verify that it was covered.

However, it looks to me that he overstepped his authorization by doing unnecessary work, which is a battery and a scam.

Many lawyers give a 30 minute free consultation, call your local bar association for a referral.
    I am not an attorney, and don't play one on TV. Any information given is a description only and should be verified by your attorney.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgana View Post
      It is the responsibility of the insured to make sure that they Dr is in their network and if not, ask for a different referral.

Even if the Dr's office says something is covered, I always check. Its safer in the long run. You have to be proactive.
      Definitely agree.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
      X