Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the requirements for selling food that is processed at home in New York Stat

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the requirements for selling food that is processed at home in New York Stat

What are the requirements for selling food that is processed at home in New York State?
    Aden

Re:What are the requirements for selling food that is processed at home in New York S

Home processed food is food processed in a private home or residence using only the ordinary kitchen facilities of that home. It also shall exclude potentially hazardous foods. Commercial equipment is not considered ordinary kitchen facilities.
    Home food processors who sell their product may be exempted from the licensing requirements of Article 20-C, provided that the following conditions are met:
    - All finished product containers are clean, sanitary and properly labeled;
    - All home processed foods produced under this exemption are neither adulterated nor misbranded; and
    - Glass containers for jams, jellies, marmalades and similar products are provided with suitable rigid metal covers
    Licensing exemption is limited to non-potentially hazardous foods such as:
    - Bakery products for wholesale sales; i.e. bread, rolls, cookies, brownies, fudge, double-crust fruit pies and cakes which require no refrigeration
    - Jams, jellies, marmalades or similar products
    - Candy (not chocolate)
    - Spices or herbs
    - Snack items such as popcorn, caramel corn and peanut brittle

Tod

Comment

How about Texas?

Where could I find information on this same subject for Texas? I was wondering if there are any licensing issues of any kind for my wife if she wants to sell baked goods that she makes at home. And also, if her and her mother want to do some catering out of the home.

thanks in advance.
      Mark

Comment

Selling baked goods from a truck in NYC

Hello.
        I am trying to find some solid information on selling baked good from a mobile truck in NYC. The goods will be baked at home which means that they are exempt, but what about the selling part. Would I need a license to sell from the truck? Where could I look for more information on this?
        Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X