X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax question California

Hi,
    I also have question about business tax in CA, I'm considering moving to Pittsburgh. However, I've been looking at the taxes in the city, and I've very concerned. I run my own business as a sole proprietorship, and it appears that the City of Pittsburgh would tax me twice on my earnings - once with the Business Privilege tax, and once with the Earned Income tax. There's even a statement on the City of Pittsburgh website that claims that this is not double taxation, because the base is different. Whatever.

Anyway, does anyone have any insight into this? Am I correct that my earnings will be taxed once as a business and once as earned income?
    Last edited by Betty3; 07-12-2010, 01:16 PM.
    Auckland Lawyers

brclarke, you added your question to another poster's thread. You should have started your own new thread. I will start one for you.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
    X