This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you 'transfer' a LLC to tx? Texas

My husband is self employed/independent contractor who is paid through his personal LLC which was initially set up in MS (where we were living and working at the time). He is still working for the same company but we now live in TX.
    My question is what is the procedure for creating the LLC in TX? Can you 'transfer' the information or do we have to refile completely?
    Also, as far as articles of incorporation are concerned, would we need to see a lawyer to have those drafted or is that something we can find a form on the internet to use?
    Any guidance would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

If your husband's LLC is conducting buisness in the state of Texas, the LLC has to be recognized and authorized to conduct business in Texas. You do this by domesticating the LLC in Texas or registering the LLC as a foreign entity (keeping MS as the domestic site). Your CPA or lawyer can walk you through the details.
    Barry S. Phillips, CPA
    www.BarryPhillips.com

IRS Circular 230 Disclosure: This response is intended to provide general information and written for educational purposes only. It does not establish a client relationship. This communication is not intended to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to any party any matters addressed herein.

Comment

Working...
    X