X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-US Citizen of Green Card holder

Dear Sir / Madam,

I currently live in Brazil and want to open a Nevada LLC to buy products in Nevada and export to other parts of the world. But I am not a US Citizen or US resident (Green Card holder)

1 - Can I open this Nevada LLC ?
    2 - Eventhough I have a Nevada Resident Agent (RA) Do I need a US citizen/US resident partner to sign and open the company for me?

In sum, can I create this company myself, have a business liscense and open a bank account in the US?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Roberto

Nevada LLC for foreign national

Of course as an attorney, I'm arguably a little biased, but I would amend your question to, 'Could I have an attorney properly advise me regarding and form a Nevada LLC?', but regardless, the answer to your questions in my opinion are, yes, and no, you need an attorney who handles Nevada LLCs.

A single-member LLC is a disregarded, pass-through entity for U.S. federal taxation purposes (unless it elects to be taxed as a corporation, which you would not likely want to do in this instance), and is thus sometimes used by overseas foreign nationals as a sort of offshore business entity.

Your contacts with Nevada in this case would indicate you have every legitimate reason to form an LLC in Nevada, and to open a bank account to do business with it.
    Last edited by Calif Business Lawyer; 02-22-2007, 09:41 PM. Reason: Added information
    California Business Lawyer Jonas M. Grant, Esq., Law Office of Jonas M. Grant, P.C., Los Angeles, California
    Postings are general information only; do not constitute legal advice or form an attorney-client relationship; are not updated and thus may be out of date; and should not be relied upon to resolve specific legal issues. For legal advice, retain an attorney in your state. IRS Circular 230 Notice.

Comment

Thanks for replying the post. Let's keep in touch..... I may need more adivce and/or legal assistance soon. again, thanks.... roberto

Comment

Working...
      X